Raw cacao is somewhat different from the common “Cocoa” most of us grew up on. Cacao refers to the Theobroma Cacao tree from which Cocoa is derived, and is used when referring to unprocessed versions of the cacao bean.
Normal cocoa powder and chocolate have been chemically processed and roasted, which destroys a large amount of the antioxidants and flavanols (the things that keep you young and healthy). Non-organic cocoa (and non-organic chocolate) has also been treated heavily with toxic pesticides and fumigation chemicals, and may contain genetically modified (GMO) products. Cacao is also the highest plant-based source of iron known to man, at a whopping 7.3mg per 100g. This compares to beef and lamb at 2.5mg, and spinach at 3.6mg.
CACAO & HONEY BENEFITS
- Major Cold & Flu relief
- 40x the Antioxidants of Blueberries
- Highest Plant source of Iron
- One of the highest plant sources of Magnesium for heart and brain health
- Natural Mood enhancer and anti-depressant
- Reduces appetite and aids weightloss
- Reduces risk of stroke and heart attack
- More calcium than cow’s milk
- Helps regulate PMS symptoms
- Helps to increase focus
- Detoxifies the liver & pancreas
- Children love it!
- Sweetened with raw honey